How to Input Approved Splash Content as Posts
- Once content is approved, begin to input articles into WordPress Administration area under Posts –> Add New
- Start with the last article/post and work backwards towards the first, so that the homepage sort order is correct at the end. The order of homepage posts is descending from most recent on top. If needed later use the Publish on: time to adjust order of articles.
- Content: For each Post input the post Title and Content, and format the content. Select a single Category for the post.
- Image: For each Post input the image name into the custom field “article-image” (See section below for image naming conventions.)
- Publish: When a post, image name and formatting is complete its time to Publish the post. Use the Publish on: feature to set the date of the post on the Thursday of the same week. Click Update to publish the post (at the future date).
- Send to Translation: in the sidebar under Language –> “Professional Translation” click to select all 6 languages and then click “Send to Translation”.
- Repeat steps for each article. Until all articles are added and sent to translation.
- Check translation jobs: Visit the WMPL –> Translation Management –> Translation Jobs (TAB) to make sure that all posts have been submitted as a translation job for each of the languages.
How to Add Images and Image Names
For each Post add the image name into the custom field called “article-image”. If you do not see the Custom Fields section, scroll to the top of the post page and click “Screen Options” and make sure “Custom Fields” is checked.
Images for top 3 or 4 Articles: Date in filename changes with each issue by month-date. Set the date to the coming Thursday of the current week.
Article 1: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mm-dd-a.jpg
Article 2: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mm-dd-b.jpg
Article 3: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mm-dd-c.jpg
Article 4: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mm-dd-d.jpg
Article 5: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mm-dd-e.jpg
Article 6: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mm-dd-f.jpg
Images for Articles:
Business Tips: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/bus.jpg
Training WOW: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/train-wow.jpg
WOW Motivation Monday: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/wow-momo.jpg
Training Webinar: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/train.jpg
Corporate Update Call: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/train-corp.jpg
Training “Member”: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/train-3.jpg
Customer Service: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/cs.jpg
Member Recognition: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/reco.jpg
Mike Collins: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/mike.jpg
David Schmidt: https://lifewavesplash.com/images/2016/david.jpg
How to add an additional image to a Post:
- Place cursor in the Post text where you want the image added
- Click “Add Media” and upload the file. The image file needs to be 600px wide. Have a designer crop and size the image if needed.
- Add Caption for the image if needed
- Under DISPLAY SETTINGS, set the following options: Align–>Center, Size–> Full Size, Link To –>None
Member Recognition Titles
- NO May 1 Through May 7
- YES May 1 – 7 or May 31 – June 7
Customer Service Titles
- NO Customer Service
- YES Customer Service: Autoship
LifeWave News Titles
- NO LifeWave News
- YES Europe Tour: Munich Meeting a Success
To make any link look like a button, add a class to the button link code like so:
<a href=https://lifewavesplash.com/ class=button-register >REGISTER NOW</a>
REGISTER NOW class=button-register
MORE INFORMATION class=button-moreinfo
Custom Email Blast set up using a blank PAGE template
The “Custom Email” template page in WordPress has the Splash branding removed and can be used for any email blast translations. (Example)
To set up a custom blast and submit it for translations follow these steps:
- In the WordPress Dashboard areas go to Pages –> Add New
- Enter subject of the email in to the Title field
- Past written content into content field
- In the sidebar under Page Attributes set
- Parent –> Custom Email Blasts
- Default Template –> Custom Email
- Click Publish. These pages cannot be seen by a user without a link therefore is OK to publish them right away.
- Translation options:
- Send to Professional Translation through iCanLocalize
- Translate yourself by clicking on + next to each language